In the course of using our Site and service (together, the “Service”) we ask you to provide us with certain personal information. The personal information that we collect, process and file, inter alia, is:
- Your contact information; e.g. your name, company name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Information regarding the use of our service. From Clients, information related to jobs posted via the Service (e.g., budget, location, history of job listings, timing of job performance and feedback/rating information).
- Your email address used to login to your account or other financial accounts when using the Service to make payments. We may possibly other services, and they may also collect and process personal information, such as Credit Card information.
- Feedback from users about their experience with other users of the Service. Please note that any feedback you provide will be publicly viewable via the Service.
Use of personal information
We use your personal information to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries. We only use your personal information to contact you with Better Than Hosting, LLC newsletters, marketing or promotional materials if you have given us your prior consent or if it is otherwise permitted under applicable law. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us please use the subscription management options provided in any of the communications. We may also use general information from your use of our service for statistical analysis and product development.
Aggregate information and non-identifying information
We may share aggregated information that does not include personal information and we may disclose non-identifying information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We will only disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we are obliged to do it, e.g. due to a legal obligation, or believe it necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests, such as responding to claims and legal process, protecting the property and rights of Better Than Hosting, LLC or a third party, protecting the safety of the public or any person, or preventing or stopping activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity, cf.
Storage of your personal data
Your personal data will be stored as long as necessary for the purposes above which, as a main rule, would be as long as there is an ongoing Client relationship or the user is regarded as active. Any further retention may take place for documentation purposes.
The security of your personal information is important to us. To ensure your security we encrypt all passwords used on the Site.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a user’s computer, and that the user’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. It is for record-keeping purposes.
We use two types of cookies.
First, we utilize persistent cookies to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Site and to track your compliance with our marketplace policies.
Second, we utilize session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by Better Than Hosting, LLC Users and web traffic routing on the Site.
Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and Service and then close your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. See the guidance below.
Third-party cookies: We use third-party services to analyze the use of our site for statistical purposes and to deliver specific functionality that we need to operate as a business. Such services, and related cookies are for the following tools:
- Analytics to measure website usage, so that we can understand trends and performance, and improve how we’re operating with Google Analytics, Google Optimize, and WordPress Stats.
- Tag management to manage the implementation of services on our website using Google Tag Manager.
We may also use the advertising-related cookie to understand the performance of our advertising activity.
Choice of Law